среда, 13 апреля 2016 г.

10 th form Infinitive and -ing forms

Gerund and Infinitive
1.       Complete the sentences using the correct form of the verbs in brackets.

1.       I don’t think we can really afford (go) abroad.
2.       My dad is planning (find) some cheap flights on the Internet.
3.       I’d quite like (visit) an Asian country, like India.
4.       If you enjoy (swim), why not try an adventure holiday?
5.       My friends and I have arranged (meet) at summer camp again next year.
6.       China seems (be) a very popular tourist destination at the moment
7.       I would suggest (book) a room in a hotel before we leave.
8.       I really enjoyed (tell) her about my holiday. She was so jealous!
9.       Michael suggested (go) to South Africa for their honeymoon.
10.   The tourists were very interested in (see) the ancient monuments.
11.   Margaret is not looking forward to (fly) in an aeroplane for the first time.
12.   The twins’ parents promised (take) them to Disneyland if they passed their exams.
13.   When Dean finishes (study) for his exams, he is going to travel around the world.
14.   The failed (find) a hotel because it was so late.
15.   Whenever it is raining, I imagine myself (lie) on a hot sandy beach.

2.       Choose the correct option
1.        The article is considering to cancel/ cancelling all flights to Melbourne.
2.       I tried to persuade/ persuading my parents to let me go on holiday with my friends.
3.       We expect to arrive/ arriving in Madrid at about six in the morning.
4.       Helen regrets to go/going to India because it was too hot for her.
5.       On the way to the beach we stopped to have / having lunch at a traditional Greek taverna.
6.       Jim forgot to bring/ bringing his passport so she had to fly the next day and meet us there.
7.       After seeing Paris, we went on to visit/ visiting Rome.
8.       I will always remember to see-/seeing the first sunset on the Greek island of Santorini.
9.       Do you remember to go/ going to see Lord of the Ring last year?
10.   I suggest to visit/ visiting the Science Museum while you’re in town.
11.   The old man appeared to be /being quite ill when I saw him.
12.   My sister avoids to eat/ eating fast food because it’s unhealthy.
13.   I’ m going tom learn to play/ playing the drums this summer.
14.   Do you think we can afford to go/ going on holiday this year?
.


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий