среда, 13 апреля 2016 г.

10th form Modals (exercises)

PAST MODALS

I. Choose the right option.
1.      If you wanted to stay in that hotel you __ booked before! (could have; might have; should have).
2.      He __ committed the crime, as he had both the motive and the opportunity.(can’t have; could have; would have)
3.      If I had known about your accident, I __ phoned you. (may have ; should have; would have)
4.      Lucy __ attended the concert, but we aren't sure. (can’t have; may have; should have)
5.      You __ finished that book already! You only started reading it an hour ago.(can’t have; might have; shouldn’t have)
6.      I think they __ got lost - surely they'd be here by now! (can have; must have; should have)
7.      Oh no! My phone isn't in my bag. I __ left it on the train.(can’t have ; might have ; should have)
8.      She __ been a lawyer but she decided to study accountancy instead. (could have; may have; might have)
9.      You __ gone to Dan's party - it was fantastic! (must have ; should have; would have)
10.  I'm so sorry I woke you up. I __ called you if I knew you were sleeping.(wouldn’t have; might not have; shouldn’t have)

II. Complete the sentences using the verbs in brackets.
1.      Is this Sally’s bag? She___ (must/forget) it when she left.
2.      Pete’s very sensitive. You really___ (should not/say) those things to him last night.
3.      The evidence showed that the accused man ___ (could not/kill) the victim.
4.      I’m sorry. I think we _____ (might/meet) before. At Bill’s party?
5.      You ____ (can’t/clean) your room. Just look at it!
6.      My dad thinks I ___ (ought to /call) to tell them I was going to be late.

III. Correct the sentences that have mistakes in them. One sentence has no mistakes. Which one?
1.      But Lauren is hopeless! She can’t have beaten Oscar at tennis!
2.      Britney might has heard about the competition from Sarah last week.
3.      Look out! You should have killed someone playing like that!
4.      Oh, he’s missed! He really must have scored from that position!
5.      Thinking about it now, we should play better in last week’s match.


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий